Skipping Stones Design Sketch 62

February 1, 2011

Happy Tuesday everyone!!  So, I had a total brain lapse this week, and had the completely wrong day of the week in my mind for this week's sketch for Skipping Stones Design.  I am the sketch designer this month for SSD, and I promise I do have a card to share with you for the sketch today!  I am so happy that I looked and saw that it was posted today and not tomorrow!

Here is the card that I created for my own sketch...kind-of weird to type.  Tee hee!  I will share the sketch below.
"Congratulations" supplies: 
Cardstock: The Paper Company (cream, light blue)
Paper: GCD Studios (Ella Blue: Tara)
Stamps: Skipping Stones Design (Sentiment Frames and Timeless Textures)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: Robin's Egg & Chestnut) & CTMH (Pigment: Vanilla Cream)
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Lace: vintage craft supply
Flower: Recollections
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Storybook by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold cream cardstock in half to make card base.  Cut blue floral paper slightly smaller and adhere to the front.  Stamp the flourish background to a blue paper block, then adhere to the center of the card.  Adhere blue lace and ribbon to the middle of the card.  Cut the label from cream cardstock at 2" using the Cricut Expression & Storybook cartridge.  Stamp the frame and sentiment to the label, and then adhere to the bottom of the card using foam adhesive.  Tie a bow from the same ribbon used, and adhere near the top of the label, then accent with a blue tulle flower.  Accent the sentiment label with gold pearls to finish. 

Here is the sketch that I created, and be sure to head over to the Skipping Stones Design blog to see what the other design team and guest designers created with it! 
I hope you have a fabulous rest of your day!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

5 comments

  1. Oh Lea, we're thrilled to have you as our February Guest Sketch Artist...such a fun sketch for this week and I LOVE what you've done with it...the colors are so very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card and an nice sketch you have made.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a fun sketch Lea - totally made me think, but I love it! Your card is beautiful - love the tulle rosette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lea. That tull flower is so pretty. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥