You're Nothing Short of my Everything

February 11, 2011

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope that your day has been an excellent one so far, and that you are gearing up for an even more fabulous weekend!! I think it is going to be a fairly quiet and lazy weekend for us...which will be so nice.  Totally looking forward to it.

Today I have my card for CPS sketch #204 to share with you.  Not a stamp to be seen on this card, it uses some items from the fabulous and new product of "Laced with Grace" by Glitz Design.  Surely heading to a store near you...so be sure to be on the lookout!
"My Everything" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (green)
Paper/Cardstock Sticker: Glitz Design (Laced with Grace: floral, plaid, polka)
Ribbon: Papertrey Ink
Twine: Darice Inc.
Pearls: Zva Creative
Jewel: Westrim Crafts
Flowers: craft supply
Border Punch: Fiskars (Upper Crest)
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Fold green cardstock in half to make card base.  Sand the edges of a slightly smaller floral paper block, and adhere to the front.  Sand the edges of a plaid paper block and the sentiment sticker.  Layer them together, adhere to the front of the card, and accent with a red heart jewel.  Punch an upper crest border to a dotted paper strip, sand the edges, and adhere at the base of the sentiment sticker.  Tie ribbon around the seam, and accent the middle of the bow with a twine bow and pearl.  Adhere flowers to the right side of the bow, tucking them slightly underneath it.  Cut a butterfly from patterned paper and adhere to the front.  Accent with pearls and a pearl flourish. 

There is something about this paper line that just makes me love using those calla lilies.  Which is funny...because the main floral design for this collection is roses.  Who knew that roses and calla lilies went together so well?!  {Other than maybe a florist, I guess. Tee hee!} 

I know that I haven't done a savings post in couple weeks, and that is mostly because I have been so busy that any type of shopping hasn't been a priority.  We did go grocery shopping today, and while we shop mostly at Costco for groceries, I did snag a couple of deals.  I got two packages of Kraft shredded mozarella cheese for $1.04 each.  I had a mfgr. coupon for $1.50 off 2, and then a Target coupon for $1.00 off 2.  I make crockpot lasagna with this cheese, so we use it a lot in this house!  I needed to just get a couple of cans of cream of mushroom & cream of chicken soup to add to what I already have in my cupboard.  Target had a coupon for $1 off 3 cans, making them about $0.54 per can.  I have one recipe that I want to make in the next couple of weeks that requires a little bit of peanuts.  I grabbed one of the $0.79 bags of Planters peanuts at Target, and had a $0.50 off Target coupon for them....with no size limit!  Got to love that...I got them for $0.29.  Awesome!  I had a buy one, get one coupon for Minute Maid juice...picked it up at Target and ended up paying $1.25 each after the savings.  Along with those great deals, and just making sure to utilize coupons available to me....we only spent about $115.  An average grocery shopping trip for us is about $200, so I think I am doing pretty good at shopping for what is on sale and using coupons.  

Well, I better get going for now.  I hope that the rest of your day is fabulous! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

5 comments

  1. This is so lovely Lea! I love the papers and of course that gorgeous flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love this card, Lea!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Your card is just outstanding - so beautiful. The warm colours are gorgeous and the ribbon feature is stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥