American Crafts "Guest Designer of the Week"

February 23, 2011

Well, my post title says it all....EEEEEEK!  Paige emailed me in January, asking if I would like to be a "Guest Designer of the Week" for American Crafts, and of course, I said yes!!  They sent me an amazing box of goodies, which included a ton of Elements (brads & buttons) because that is the focus of this week.  To read my entire guest designer of the week post on the American Crafts blog, CLICK HERE...there is a little questionnaire at the end!  

Now, before you fall on the floor from fainting...I did a layout! ;)  It has been a long while since I scrapbooked, but it is kind-of like riding a bike....you don't forget how to do it, and you remember how much fun it is!!  To give myself a little bit of help getting started, I did use the sketch challenge #5 from the Get Picky blog.  I did enlarge the photos from what the sketch stated, which worked perfectly for what I wanted it to look like.  Here is the layout that I created:


This is the sweet baby girl, Mary, that I fell in love with while at the children's home in Kenya.  I would have brought her home with me in a second if it would have even been possible, but alas...it is illegal in more ways than one.  So, I had to leave her there with a large chunk of my heart.  I miss her every single day, and wonder how she is doing, if she is getting held enough, how much bigger she is by now.... {Sigh}- I love that little girl.

I also created these three cards:
And last but not least, I created this sweet home decor piece:
Well, I hope that you enjoyed my American Crafts guest designer blog post....thanks so much for checking it out!! Have a wonderful Wednesday! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

P.S. If you haven't already, be sure to follow the commenting instructions on THIS POST.  I am giving away two Skipping Stones Design stamp sets to one lucky commenter!!  

23 comments

  1. No surprise here...your work is fabulous! LOVE this LO...the colors rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being picked! I love American Crafts & I love your creations- a perfect match :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should really make more pages...that one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats!!! your layout is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot! BIG congrats Lea! Amazing projects!!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your take on the Get Picky Sketch...it's really beautiful with the line of trims/flowers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. big ginormous congrats...your projects are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Lea. These are wonderful designs. No wonder they asked you. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a scrapbooker, but this layout is gorgeous! I LOVE LOVE your cards. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! It breaks my heart just thinking about you having to leave that little angel... :-(

    On a happier note though, Congrats! Your projects are as beautiful as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a sweet layout.

    Everything is so beautiful. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work as always. American Crafts cardstock is my fav! Congrats on being asked to be guest designer -- well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Lea!! All of your work here are amazing!! Love every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the guest spot! Your work is amazing - thank you soo much for playing along with our Get Picky sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved your creations for AC, congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, love all the beautiful things. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!!! Your projects are seriously wow! My jaw is still on the floor from your layout! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All three of these are gorgeous and you bring tears to my eyes regarding Mary! I hope she senses that someone loves her dearly, even if they are separated by miles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, she is absolutely adorable, what a life-changing experience.

    Congrats on your guest DT role, your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow - everything here is just so gorgeous. that LO is devine, so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on guest dt for ac! Beautiful work as usual! Well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Lea, I've done a scraplift of your amazing Lo to inspire my spanish friends on Kits de somni's page,(http://mireia.ning.com/group/lunesdeinspiracin)
    Thank you so much for your gorgeous work!!
    XxX

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥