PTI Make It Monday #1: Go To Sentiments

February 9, 2011

Hi everyone!!  I hope that this post finds you having had a wonderful Wednesday so far, and gearing up for a great evening.  I have to leave for church in about a half hour...I am the baby caretaker tonight, so I definitely have to be on time!  Tee hee! {Not that we are normally late for church...only sometimes!}

But, I was able to do a card just for myself today!  Doing some challenges that I really wanted to do, and using some of my PTI product....which feels like it hasn't been touched in forever.  Sometimes I wonder if I take on too many responsibilities at once....but then I realize that I love them too.  So, it is all good!

Anyways...I got this sweet little card done today.  I did it for two of the Anniversary challenges going on at PTI right now; the Make It Monday challenge and the Color Combo challenge (I chose to use the pure poppy, spring rain, kraft & vintage cream combo for this one).  I also used Waltzingmouse Sketch #33 for it.  Without further ado, here it is!
"Thank You" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (red, kraft) & Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: My Mind's Eye (Quite Contrary: Jack & Jill "Cute" engaging Gingham)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: sky blue, cranberry) 
Twine: Lawn Fawn Trimmings (Dapper set)
Jewels: Creative Cafe (red, blue) 
White Pen: Uniball Signo
Diecut Machine(s): Cuttlebug & Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut cartridge: Stamping (larger butterfly) by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold red cardstock in half to make card base.  Stamp the mix of sentiment to the front of a vintage cream cardstock block, and then adhere to a kraft cardstock block.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card, and add three jewels to the lower left side of the card.  Draw a white penned line around the sentiment block, interrupted at the jewels.  Cut the larger butterfly from red gingham paper at 1.5" using the Cricut Expression & Stamping cartridge.  Cut the smaller butterfly from felt using the steel die and Cuttlebug.  Sew them together with a button and twine, and then adhere the entire accent to the front of the card to finish.

I am super happy with how this sweet little card turned out!  I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to pull off the Make It Monday challenge....using all those different sentiments together, and keep the card uniform.  But, I like it!  I think it ended up turning out okay!  And....I used SO many different sets...love that! 

Well, I better get going for now!  I hope that you have a great night! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

9 comments

  1. Your card turned out so great! I love the gingham butterfly! All together wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty. Love the colour combo, the buttersflies, the jewels.. and all those sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is super-gorgeous, Lea -- just like everything you make! :o) Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute my friend!!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors, Lea. It looks to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely job with all the challenges, the sentiments came together splendidly! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only do I love the colors you used on this card but I am madly in love with all of the sentiments, what a really fun look.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥