Taylored Expressions February "Blast from the Past" Blog Hop

February 24, 2011

***If you are here for the Stamper's Dream Blog Hop, please scroll down or CLICK HERE for the post.***

Yep- I have another post today!  I know...I told you earlier this week that I have a lot going on at the blog and just not enough days for all of it! Tee hee!  It has been great fun though, and I really hope you are enjoying all of the projects and such.

For this post, I am participating in Taylored Expressions February "Blast from the Past" blog hop!!  I love participating in this blog hop every month, because it makes me utilize my TE stamps more often!  And now that I have been a guest designer for them for two months, I have even more stamps to use {once they get past the required time of being released, of course!}  The blog hop this month is themed around "green", and could be interpreted however you liked.  I chose to utilize it in the most common form...the color, and used multiple shades of green on my card.  
"Missing You" supplies: 
Cardstock: Core'dinations
Paper/: My Mind's Eye (Quite Contrary: Day Dream, Zig Zag, Owl Be There)
Stamps: Taylored Expressions (Love Everywhere set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut, teal) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Flowers: Recollections
Jewels: Glitz Design
Glitter: Ranger Stickles
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold teal cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Cut a cloud paper block slightly smaller than the card, round the bottom corners and adhere.  Cut a zig zag paper strip, cut a flag shaped end and adhere.  Cut a flag shaped end to a peice of ribbon, and adhere to the top of the zig zag strip.  Tie a bow at the top, and then top the center with a twine bow and green paper flower.  Trim the edges of a journaling card and round the bottom corners.  Cut the trees, clouds and owls from patterned paper, and layer them together on the journaling card.  Stamp the bench, cut out and adhere to the card.  Add a cut out owl to the bench, then stamp the sentiment to the right of it.  Adhere the entire journaling card to the front of the card using dimensional adhesive.  Cut out another grouping of clouds from patterned paper, and adhere to the upper right corner.  Accent all the clouds with Ranger Stickles, then accent below the sentiment with a paper flower & clear jewels to finish. 

As always, we were provided with an amazing sketch by Sankari Wegman that we could utilize if we chose to.  Of course, I used it...I love her sketches!!  Here it is so you can check it out, and use it yourself sometime if you'd like! 
I really hope that you liked my sweet little owl themed card!  Thanks for all the lovely comments lately...I read every single one of them and cherish them!  So- thank you, from the very bottom of my heart...I appreciate each and every person who happens upon my little crafty blog.  ♥♥♥




Until later,
~Lea L.

P.S.  Because I have had so much on my blog this week, here are some links to other things you might be looking for:
Want to win free stamps from Skipping Stones Design?  CLICK HERE and follow the commenting instructions!
Looking for my card that was just posted on the CPS blog today?  CLICK HERE, because I posted it earlier in the week, due to all the craziness today!
And once again, if you would like to participate in the Stamper's Dream blog hop, just scroll down a tiny bit, or CLICK HERE!
And if you want to participate in next month's "Blast from the Past" blog hop...click below! 



Blast from the Past Blog Hop

31 comments

  1. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH!! What an AWESOME scene Lea! LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, this is truly wonderful!!! I love not only the scene you set, but all the gorgeous colors you used. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea this is goregous!!!! What a great use of this paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! How amazing is your bow and all of those flowers?!! GASP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stinkin' cute! I LOVE the owls and the scene you made is simply adorable. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this!? What a great combo of stamps and patterned paper designs! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness - the owl on the bench is awesome! And I love the way you used the clouds for the circle element in the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet Lea! I love the little scene you've created!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is amazing, love it !

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love love this , super idea love your paper piecing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the beautiful woodsy scene that you created on this card.
    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Lea!! And I LOVE all of your projects on AC blog! I saw Kelly's link on FB to it! GORGEOUS!! Congrats on the being a guest on AC... that is totally awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. your card is so cute ! love the colours and the paper piecing !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lea, your card is darling and it is obvious it took a lot of effort to add all of the elements to make it extra special. Thanks for the detailed instructions and card template.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is amazing!!! The park bench, the forest of trees and the sweet owls....LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOOHHHH Lea, this is gorgeous and fun and happy and awesome! Love all the details and the result is fab! Happy Hop Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lea, I love the colors in this card. The owls and trees are pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww, your little scene is just precious...I sooo love the little owls and the beautiful bow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a perfect card Lea. I love the clouds, the trees... cute owls... {heart} the ribbon! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That card is so dang cute :) I have really been lovin' the owls lately ...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lea!
    Now this card is Nature friendly if I ever saw one! So sweet with the little owl family tucked in around the bench. And I just love the happy little clouds! They look like they're actually smiling! You've inspired me to get out all my nature theme stamps and get to work! Thank you so much! Beautiful work!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute card, Lea! Can I say that those owls are a hoot?!! Darling scene!

    ReplyDelete
  24. SUper, super sweet Lea! Love all of your special little details ~ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lea, your cards always make me so HAPPY! Fun and festive and those owls are darling. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your little owls are just adorable! I also love your roses, they are so pretty!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥