No Bird Soars too high...

February 12, 2011

Happy Saturday, my friends!  I hope that you had a wonderful Friday evening!  It is a Friday night ritual that we go to "Tips & Tots" at the Bodega on Friday evening with friends.  Occasionally we don't go, but for the most part....you know where to find us from about 6-8p on Fridays.  When we got home, we watched a couple episodes of Bones on Netflix instant queue.  After that Josh played Call of Duty online with some friends, and I completely conked out on the couch.  Apparently...I was pretty tired.  Tee hee!  It was definitely a good night.

Today I have a card to share with you for my Stamper's Dream DT work.  It uses a fun sentiment from a JustRite circle set, and I love how it mixed perfectly with the other product used.  I also used the Viva la Verve February Week 1 sketch for this card...I am a little behind on the VLV sketches this month, but I do plan on getting them all finished up in time!!  Here is my card!
"No Bird Soars..." supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (white) 
Paper: Glitz Design (Hoopla: zebra, polka, pipework, frames) 
Stamps: JustRite (Bird Houses 3 1/4" set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut) 
Cardstock Sticker: Glitz Design (Love Nest: journaling) 
Rub-on: Glitz Design (Love Nest) 
Ribbon: Michael's
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Flowers: Prima
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft 
Embossing Folder: Victoria by Provo Craft 
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft 
Diecut Cartridge: Stamping (scalloped circle) by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Dry emboss the front of the card using the Cuttlebug and Victoria embossing folder.  Cut a distressed white paper block and round the bottom corners.  Round the corners of two small paper blocks, adhere to the left side, and then wrap ribbon around the bottom.  Adhere the rub-on birds to the journaling sticker, and then adhere to the right side of the paper block.  Tie a bow from matching ribbon & twine, then adhere to the right side of the block.  Accent the top of the bow, and the upper left corner of the sticker with paper flowers.  Cut the scalloped circle from aqua patterned paper at 2 1/4" using the Cricut Expression & Stamping cartridge (real dial size on, blackout button on), and then adhere it to the the front of the paper block.  Stamp the sentiment to white cardstock, cut out in a 2 1/8" circle, and adhere to the top of the scalloped circle with foam adhesive.  Adhere this entire block to the front of the embossed card to finish it.

Well, I better get going for now!  Want to spend some more of my lazy Saturday getting some more cards done before I head out for a little bit for a friend's birthday!  Have a wonderful rest of your day! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

3 comments

  1. Lea, this is soooooo STUNNING!!! I just love the pop of gorgeous yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning what a beautiful creation and so well designed
    hugs June

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥