Penny Black Guest Blogger

February 18, 2011

Happy Friday, everyone!  I hope your week has been a fabulous one!  We have to drive to Butte for a funeral today, and I am a little worried about the weather.  So, if you think about it...please keep us in your prayers this morning.

But before we leave, I do want to share some projects with you today!  I am the guest blogger for Penny Black stamps today, and I was able to pick out some of the CUTEST stamps to play with for my projects!!  If you would like to see my post on the Penny Black blog, please CLICK HERE.

Without further ado, let's get started!  This first card uses a clear stamp set from Penny Black titled "j'aime paris", and it is fabulous!!  I used the Viva La Verve February Week 2 sketch for this card as well, and it was definitely a perfect fit!   
"I Love You" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (black) 
Paper: Echo Park (Be Mine: Rose Bouquet, So In Love, French Chronicle, Journal Cards) 
Stamps: Penny Black
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: antique pewter, razzberry)
Ribbon: Michael's brand
Flowers: Maya Road (pink ribbon) & Recollections (gray paper) 
Jewels: Glitz Design
Border Punch: Fiskars (Upper Crest)

Instructions:  Fold black cardstock in half to make card base.  Punch an upper crest border to two strips of striped paper.  Adhere a paper strip to each side of a gray floral paper strip, zig-zag stitch along the seams, and then adhere to the front of the card.  Cut out the two journal cards and adhere at slight angles on the front of the card.  Stamp the Eiffel tower and the sentiment to the top journal card, and accent with three pink jewels and a gray paper flower.  Adhere a bow to the corner of the journal tags, and accent the middle with a ribbon flower and two gray paper flowers.  Cut a thin strip of XO paper and cut a banner end to it.  Adhere over the seam of the two journal cards, giving it a couple bumps of texture.  Accent each of the o's with black jewels to finish the card.

This next card uses a wooden block mounted rubber stamp titled "Snow Dust".  I just adore this stamp...it is just so pretty and whimsical, and could be used for a range of sentiments.  I chose a winter sentiment from a different stamp company to go with it, and it matched perfectly!
"Wishing You All the Joys..." supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (kraft) 
Vellum: The Paper Company
Stamps: Penny Black & Papertrey Ink (On Ice set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: frost white) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Glitter: Making Memories
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Stamp the snow dust trees and sentiment to the front, and accent with gold pearls.  Add two strips of 1/8" Scor-Tape to the top of a vellum strip, cover with gold glitter, and adhere to the bottom of the card.  Tie gold ribbon to the bottom half of the vellum strip to finish.

This last card is definitely in the category of last, but NOT least.  I used the super fun wooden block mounted rubber stamp titled "Sparks at Christmas", and paired it with the sentiment titled "A Wonderful Christmas".  I masked out the Christmas part of the sentiment to just make it a New Year's sentiment...and I love how it turned out!
"Happy New Year" supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (white) 
Stamps: Penny Black
Ink: Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black) & Clearsnap (Pigment: razzberry) 
Jewels: Glitz Design (black) & Kaiser Craft (pink) 
Ribbon: Michael's 
Corner Rounder: EK Success

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Stamp the sparkle girl image and sentiment to the front of the card, and accent with pink jewels.  Tie ribbon around the top of the card, and top the middle of the bow with a black jewel to finish.

I will add supply lists and instructions later on...but I need to finish getting ready so we can get on the road.  I hope that you enjoy checking out my Penny Black creations...they were a lot of fun to create! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

13 comments

  1. These are GORGEOUS Lea! YOu are SO amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, these are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWIE!!! I am totally drooling over my screen!!! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thw colour combination in the middle card with the trees just catches my eye - I love the unusual colours for the season & the sheer classiness of it.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lea - what stylish cards - luv 'em! Sorry to hear about the funeral - hope it went ok. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely set of cards!

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your cards are awesome- I especially love your "wishing all the joys" card. That color combo is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful cards! Very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowsers! These are gorgeous. I don't know how you do all your design work--you're super woman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome creations dear.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are always stunning.
    I love the way you put ypur colours together

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Lea I was so happy to be introduced to your beautiful work at the Penny Black blog. I hope you will be a guest designer often! Thanks for creating such beautiful cards. Hugs,Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice style. I want to be able to write that way.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥