Love is in the Air

February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day, friends!!  Whether your in love with this day celebrating love, or you are completely anti-valentine....I hope that you are having a lovely day.  Tee hee- no pun intended!

Today I have a simple little card to share with you using some fabulous Taylored Expressions stamps & product.  I combined two stamp sets, a newer & an older, and also used paper from the Valentine Project Pantry Kit for my card.  The product I used also fit perfectly with the current Embellish Color Trends Challenge with hearts.  Here is what I created!
"Love is in the Air" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (red) & Papertrey Ink (white) 
Paper: We R Memory Keepers (Be My Valentine: Together)
Paper Frill/Glitter: Doodlebug Designs
Stamps: Taylored Expressions (Kid at Heart & Love Everywhere sets)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: cranberry, frost white) 
Pin/Chipboard: Maya Road
Button: Papertrey Ink
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Jewels: Kaiser Craft 

Instructions:  Fold red cardstock in half to make card base.  Adhere pink paper frill to the left side of a patterned paper block, and adhere the entire piece to the front of the card.  Cut a small block of striped paper to fit in the middle right block, round the edges and adhere.  Paint the chipboard heart pink, cover in glitter and adhere to the striped paper.  Stamp the sentiment to a white cardstock flag, and wrap around a clear topped pin.  Stamp the heart kite to white cardstock, cut out and adhere to the left of the sentiment.  Adhere the entire sentiment piece to the top of the heart, and then accent the kite with pink jewels.  Thread a button with twine, and then layer on the sentiment piece.  Stamp the heart flutters above and below the sentiment flag, and then accent with pink jewels to finish.   

The whole design of this card was based around that one sheet of patterned paper...I just loved all the cute love blocks that were included on it, and I didn't want to cover many of them up.  By covering up just the one, that wasn't my favorite anyways...I was able to make a fun sentiment embellishment that played on the theme of all the other fabulously fun blocks!!  

Well, I hope you enjoyed my post today, and I hope that you enjoy your day today...celebrating or not.  Talk to you later! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

7 comments

  1. Love your use of the colors and how great this kit fit the mold! Thanks so much for joining Embellishes Color Trends with Hearts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling, Lea! LOVE that your patterned paper was just perfect for this challenge and that fun, little collection of embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea, this is adorable!!! I love the little glitter heart with all the adorable embellishments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card, Lea. I love the little hearts. I was looking for you at the Glitz booth at CHA! I was wishfully thinking you were there :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the colors! Love all the different elements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! amazing card. i love this color.
    Thanks for sharing... keep it up and we will be waiting for your next post.Edina MN Realty
    Gift Baskets

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥