You are the Joy in my Day....

February 22, 2011

I know, I know....another post in the same day?!  I have too much to post this week, and not enough time!!  So, with that said...if you are looking for my Skipping Stones Design post and wanting to win FREE STAMPS, then either scroll down a bit after you check this post out, or CLICK HERE

My second card today is one I created for Stamper's Dream.  It also is my card for CPS Sketch #206 {which you are totally getting an early preview of because it won't be on the CPS blog until later this week}, and I used the color challenge CR84FN16 {light pink, medium violet, gray}.  I added a neutral via vintage cream to make the card come together for me!! Here is what I created:
  "You are the Joy in my Day..." supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (purple) & Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: My Mind's Eye (Lush: Pink Floral, Pink Houndstooth) 
Stamps: JustRite Stampers (Wedding Nested Sentiments set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: sky gray) 
Chipboard: Tattered Angels
Ribbon: Michael's 
Flowers: Prima
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut/Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft 
Steel Die: JustRite custom die by Spellbinders (Nested Frame set)

Instructions:  Fold purple cardstock in half to make card base, then round the top left and bottom right corners.  Cut pink floral paper slightly smaller, round the same corners and adhere to the front.  Cut a vintage cream cardstock block, round the same corners, and adhere to the lower right.  Cover a cream chipboard frame with glitter and cover the back with pink dotted paper.  Add a strip of ribbon to the right side of the card, and layer the chipboard piece over top of the ribbon end.  Tie a bow where the ribbon meets the cream cardstock.  Stamp the sentiment to cream cardstock, then diecut and emboss the label around it.  Adhere the sentiment label to the glittered chipboard frame, and accent with purple pearls.  Accent the middle of the bow and the chipboard frame with purple flowers to finish the card. 


Can I just tell you how much I love that sentiment?  And paired with the softness of the colors....{sigh}.  It just warms my heart a little.  Speaking of...I think I am going to go make a cup of hot cocoa and get a few more projects done.  It is snowing, yet again...and I am feeling a little chilly.  Might be time to throw on a sweatshirt too.  I hope your day has been going well!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

CR84FN16 Graphic:

19 comments

  1. Wow! This is just GORGEOUS! I love how elegant it is! The color combo mixed with that incredible ribbon... the touches of flowers... and that beautiful sentiment make this just a stunning piece of art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely card with beautiful frame, bow, and flowers! So delicate and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning in every way!!! Love that pretty ribbon with the little flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Lea! That gray satin bow looks gorgeous and love the TA frame! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word!! HOW pretty is this?? What a delicately beautiful card - and such a gorgeous take on the inspiration pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lea, your card is just so feminine and BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the frame and the pretty dps. Also that gray sating bow is just so FAB! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card, that satin bow is wonderful!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my, this is SO lovely--the papers, ribbon, roses, frame-i love how you designed them to blend beautifully together, lea:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, Lea! The sentiment is lovely, especially with your fabulous design and those soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another amazing card!!! Thanks again for the inspiration!! The sentiment is such a perfect touch here! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an elegant takeon this weeks colors; your card is gorgeous. I love that bow and TA frame:)Thanks so much for playing along at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So elegant and soft. Love the big satin bow and pretty glittered frame. :)
    Thanks for playing at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful... I just love your perfect bow! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello gorgeous!!! This card is STUNNING! Wow! that satin ribbon is to die for! Love the pretty purple rosettes too! Gorgeous glittery frame! Lovely use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful and romantic card. I love the saying and all of your embellishments. I am especially drawn to the glittery chipboard. I must try that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely, Lea! Love the beautiful frame! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't play along with this challenge this week, Lea, but I like to check out the submissions anyway, for inspiration. Wanted you to know how much I like this. It's just an all around LOVELY card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous! Love the colors, layout and the purple flowers. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥