Sufficient Grace

October 13, 2014

Happy Monday, blog friends!  I hope that you are having a great start to your week. Lately I've had renewal on my mind a lot.  Which is a little odd, because that is normally more of a spring thing.  But with the change of the season, as nature around us begins its journey to hibernation....I realize that I'm kind-of on the same path.  Another long, cold winter is ahead of me, and I will be the first to admit it is not my favorite season.  But I really need it to not get the best of me.  So each day this week I am going to share how I am renewing the different areas of my life.

Today I am going to talk a little about the health side.  Here are some things that I am doing to get myself healthier & feel better about myself.
  • I'm trying to drink my weight in ounces of water per day....it doesn't always happen, but I'm at least striving for it.  :)  And, once I lose about 10-15 pounds...it will be so much easier.  Lol!  
  •  I started doing Oula (it's a dance fitness that I LOVE) online again, and my plan is to do it every Monday-Friday, then take off the weekends to rest & relax with my hubby.  But, I'm not going to beat myself up if some weeks I only get in 3-4 workouts...that is where I fail.  I have to remain positive with myself, & not get down if I miss a mark or slip up.  
  • We have made a resolution to start cooking & eating more at home again.  This summer was full of eating out, quick meals, etc...& I kind-of hate that.  Josh is an excellent cook, and I'm not too bad myself.  We mostly eat really fresh & unprocessed food when we cook for ourselves, and that is what we are getting back to.  
  • This time of year is when I like to start baking again, & I'm okay with that.  I am going to look for healthier recipes for some of my faves, but when I really want pumpkin cake with honey cream cheese frosting....I'm making it!  I'm just going to make sure there are plenty of people to share it with so I don't eat the whole thing myself.
Thanks for hanging with me as I post some personal stuff!  If you have any thoughts on my health renewal or you want to be a renewal buddy with me...feel free to share them with me in the comments!  Now...I'm assuming you might like to see a card?  Well, I've got a really feminine  & pretty one to share with you today!!
I made this for my cousin who just lost her dad this past weekend.  We have been really close our whole lives, so I wanted to send her something that is really personal & beautiful...something that would at least try to portray how much I am feeling for her right now.  I hope that it does that...I hope that it shows a little bit of my heart.  When we were kids, she lived in Montana & I lived in Arizona.  We wrote letters to each other quite often, and in those letters we talked about any & everything.  So, I think I'll include a letter with this card as well.  It just seems fitting.

I pulled out the "Pretty Things" collection from the My Mind's Eye Record It! release earlier this year...the weathered woodgrain & flowers were exactly what I wanted for this card.  I've paired them with some older Prima Marketing flowers & wood button.  I've combined stamps from Verve & Papertrey Ink for the sentiment...most everything will be linked below.

I used the Viva la Verve October week 1 sketch to start my design, and just switched a couple elements at the bottom to flow better with the flowers.  This month's challenge at House of Cards is to use punches &/or dies, and I've used three different butterfly dies & a banner die on this card.  They are all about defining the style of your card...and I feel like this card fits the classic & elegant style, although some might say it is shabby.  What do you think?  I also wanted to link it up at Word Art Wednesday #153, which are always "anything goes".  Since my card uses a Bible verse on it, I really wanted to share it over there.



I know that this supply list isn't totally complete.  All of the flowers & the wooden button are from Prima Marketing, but they are all at least over a year old.  I don't keep any of them in their packaging, so I don't know the names, etc.  If you want to replicate my card, there are lots of beautiful flowers & buttons out there that you can substitute for what I've used. :)

That is all that I have for you this evening.  I hope you have a great night!!  Thanks for letting me share my heart a little bit.

Until later,
~L.

14 comments

  1. Awesome card! Good for you! Those are good plans- especially about eating in and drinking more water. You should add walking cause its easy to do and really gets a result, even when you eat a lot! Blessings to you! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is lovely especially the cloth flowers. Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 153rd challenge at Word Wednesday. Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning creation! LOVE those gorgeous flowers and the beautiful scriptural sentiment! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Love that verse and those flowers are gorgeous. Good for you for making some changes on the health side! I've been trying to walk 30 minutes a few times a week and it's amazing how much better I'm feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! So many beautiful layers. Good luck to you to continue with healthy choices. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Your cousin will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Goodness... This is SO so so so soooo pretty!! Fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card :) Thanks to join us in House Of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the softness of your card--very natural. Thanks for joining us at HOC this round--hope to see you again soon!

    Toni
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's never a wrong time of year to start a renewal, it's whenever you feel ready for it. It sounds like you have the right attitude to not beat yourself up if you slip now and then, just look at each day afresh! I need to do more exercise. But I love expensive exercise like going to the gym and swimming, and we don't have a lot of spare cash right now. I'll have to try the work out DVD route again!

    Gorgeous card by the way, I'm sure it showed how much you were feeling for her. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Outstanding beauty for your cousin. I am sure it brought her a measure of comfort in her sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and I love all your embellishments. Thank you for joining in the House of Cards Challenge this month.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. this card is gorgeous and your photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥