Make a Wish Upon a Star

October 25, 2014

Happy Saturday, blog friends!  I hope you are having a good weekend so far!  We are dog-sitting for our neighbors, so it is a little chaotic in our house!  Fun, but chaotic. Our two aren't the most social dogs in the world, & when they do want to play....they bark. Ugh.  All is calm right now though...each dog is taking a nap in their own little space. :) So, I have a moment to sit down & write up a blog post!

Before I get to my card, I wanted to let you know that I have a TON of stamps For Sale.  You can click that link, or just look up, right below my header.  There is a tab that says For Sale on it.  Really great prices on lots of brands of stamps!!  Would love for you to take them off of my hands if you so fancy!!

I watched some videos the other day on creating galaxy backgrounds, and I was really excited to try this technique out.  I am happy to say that I did it successfully on my first try!!  It isn't perfect (you can see my fingerprints right under the sentiment), but I am extremely please with how it turned out.  There is this beautiful glimmery sheen that the Heidi Swapp Color Shine gave it..but that is just something that doesn't really photograph.  I wish you could see it in person!  I used some Mama Elephant stamps for my sentiment, and I just wanted to remind you guys that you still have almost 3 days to create a project & link it up to our October "Anything Goes" challenge!!  We've seen tons of great inspiration so far, and can't wait to see more!  I hope you'll join us!
I flubbed a little on the sentiment...I wanted it to be bolder.  But instead of grabbing my embossing ink, I used white pigment ink...and the embossing powder just didn't stick to it as well.  It was pretty muted at first, but I re-inked the stamp with more white ink, and added another layer to it...and it kind-of gave it a shadow line, and made the sentiment stand out a little better.  I won't make that mistake again!

I was totally inspired by the colors at Colour Me #43...they made for a beautiful galaxy technique, don't you think?  I'm also linking this to Little Tangles #47, challenging us to be inspired by one of their design team members...I choose this watercolor card by Heather Ruwe as inspiration.  I just have to say...I'm not sure what rock I've been under.  I was completely unaware of how fab Neat & Tangled stamps are!!  They are definitely on my to get list now.  And finally, I'm linking this up to SSS's Show Us What You've Made link party!




The thread & star sequins can be found at any craft store...I'm pretty sure I picked mine up at Michael's.  Also- I linked up the Doodlebug Beetle Black jewels above, because they are the only ones I could find in the available stores.  But I actually used the Doodlebug Beetle Black Mini Jewels, which have black jewels & dark grey jewels. Just wanted to clarify that!

Well, that is all I have for you for now!  I hope you enjoy your Saturday afternoon!!

Until later,
~L.

7 comments

  1. What a fabulous background you created! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me....! this week and hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's just a "little detail" but that's what great cards are about - all of the details - and so I just had to tell you, love your notches, nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your sparkley card, Lea. Really pretty. Thanks for playing along with Little Tangles and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, the background is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥