Winnie & Walter WCMD On Trend challenge - cameras

October 4, 2014


Happy World Card Making Day, blog friends!!  I am still in Orlando, so unfortunately I won't be around to participate in all that is going on this weekend {I know...poor pitiful me, right? Lol.}.  But, I am still hosting a challenge on the Winnie & Walter blog today!

My challenge is an "On Trend" challenge....& I almost went with my go-to gold, which is so trendy right now.  And while I did still use a bit of gold on my project, I decided that I wanted to challenge you with the ever trendy camera theme!!  Plus- it allowed me to ink up some Winnie & Walter stamps that I haven't had the chance to use, as I wasn't part of the team yet when they released.  Here is what I created!
I love this cute Polaroid camera, and since it is a little retro looking...I chose to go pair it with some bolder colors & woodgrain from the My Mind's Eye Jubilee "Tangerine" collection.  I love how well they go together!  I used Freshly Made Sketches #156, and just changed out some of the shapes!  So often I use really feminine colors & product, and I kind-of dig that this card can be given to anyone.  It also fits The Cutting Edge #11, which also has a camera themed card!!


I hope that you will join me in my WCMD challenge, and check out the other designers' challenges as well!!  Please reference the On Trend challenge post at the Winnie & Walter blog for all participation rules & prize information.  I can't wait to see what you create!  Have a wonderful time creating this weekend!

Until later,
~L.

11 comments

  1. Ooh this is so fun and colourful. Loving the layering of all the elements. Happy World Cardmaking Day 2014!
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning <3 love this to bits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card and I love all your fabulous details! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the die cut word and brad on the camera! Great combination of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this -- all of the colors, patterns, fun elements and little bits of sparkle. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards,Lea! Just like this one! Perfect! Love the layers,the papers,the gold,the details!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is in true Lea fashion! Just fabulous layering of papers and embellishments! Thanks so much for playing along with the Cutting Edge Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and colorful card, Lea! Love the camera and the talk bubble sentiment...perfect together:)!! So glad you could join the challenge this week at The Cutting Edge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome card!!! Love it Lea!! Thank you for playing along with us at The Cutting Edge Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, this looks great, I love how it could be for a male or female recipient, and the flash at the top of the card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥