Special Delivery

October 12, 2014

Happy Sunday, blog friends!  I hope this post finds you having a great end to your weekend.  I have a little bit of a heavy heart today.  As we were walking to our car from church this morning, I checked my phone to find that my cousins' dad had unexpectedly passed away.  He was a nice man with a very quiet & gentle spirit.  I am hurting for my cousins right now, & wish that I could give them the biggest hug ever and just cry with them.  This is one of those things that makes it really hard being so far away from my home in Montana - I can't just jump in my car & drive the 45 minutes that it once was to be with them.

I find myself in need of some sympathy cards, and after writing this blog post I will gather my supplies & get started.  But, I created this card first.  I needed a little pink in my life...I needed to celebrate life first.  So I created this uniquely sweet baby card.
I was so inspired by today's Sunday Sketch at Studio Calico, & used it as the base of my design.  I used the colors (pink, cream, gold) from Cupcake Inspiration #282.  If I am ever blessed with a daughter, these are absolutely the colors that I will use for her nursery...I think that is why I picked them for a baby card!  And lastly, the current challenge at A Blog Named Hero (#53) is to stretch your stamps, & use them in a way the designer didn't intend.  These stamps are from the Studio Calico "Cuppa" card kit, and are more of a postal/mail theme....so I decided to instead use them for a baby. :)

I've combined products from Studio Calico & My Mind's Eye, and they will all be linked below.  Unfortunately...the kit is no longer available, but it is still linked so you can see all of the stamps in the stamp set.


I've been given an unexpected reminder today to tell the people in my life that I love them.  That Jesus loves them.  That they are worthwhile, & amazing, & beautiful.  Did you read that?  Because I am telling that to you, my blog readers as well.  Thank you for being a part of my life.  For viewing my craft & encouraging me & loving me back.  I appreciate you more than I could ever find the words to express.

Until later,
~L.

9 comments

  1. beautiful card, such soft lovely colors and amazing details...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous beautiful card lots to feast on <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to hear of your family member's passing..x hugs. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is fantastic but I'm really sorry for you. The most important thing is the family, I know.....
    a big hug

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! Love the stitching and that gorgeous doily vellum and all the gold. So sorry to hear about your uncle. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lea! I totally fell in love with this card when I saw it yesterday and was thinking in my head that it was perfect for my new challenge today! Totally gorgeous with all that pink and gold and your trademark layers! Please do feel free to link it up and by all means do create and submit another if you wish! *wink* Also my condolences on your loss. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
    -Sandy, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely & beautiful card. Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations - Eva, Sweetie DT -

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gold and pink is super sweet together. It is so hard when something happens and you are too far away, but I know they'll realise you'd want to be there straight away. x

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥