Cozy Winter Birthday

January 9, 2011

Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope this post finds everyone having a wonderful weekend and getting ready for a good week ahead.  We went ice skating on Friday night...it was SO much fun!  My birthday is this coming Friday, and I had really wanted to go skating.  But, the rink isn't open to the public on my birthday because of a hockey tournament...so we decided to go this past weekend instead!  And then on my actual birthday we are going to dinner with friends, and then having champagne cupcakes at our house afterward.  And THEN the next weekend...we are heading to my parents' for a couple days, and they are taking us to dinner in Butte on the Friday we head over.  So- I am getting THREE weekends of birthday celebration...so fun!  I am such a lucky and loved girl...tee hee!

Today I have a card to share with you that I did just for fun!  I really wanted to use Mojo Monday Sketch 172, and Winter White Tuesday Trigger from Moxie Fab...so I did!  Tee hee!  This is what I came up with:
"Wishing You a Cozy Winter Birthday" supplies: 
Cardstock: The Paper Company (cream) & Bazzill Basics (white, tan dot)
Paper: American Crafts (Christmas: Merry & Bright) 
Stamps/Skate Die: Papertrey Ink (On Ice set & die)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: amber satin) 
Chipboard: Tattered Angels
Lace Trim: Rusty Pickle
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Rhinestone Button: Jenni Bowlin Studio
Jewels: International Greetings USA
Pin: craft supply
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold cream cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a swiss dot tan cardstock block, and adhere to the front.  Adhere a strip of lace trim to the front.  Round the lower left corner of a gold dot paper block, and adhere to the front.  Glitter a chipboard frame and adhere with the left side overlapping the existing elements on the card.  Diecut the skates from white cardstock, and then stamp the image to them.  Accent with jewels, and adhere to the top of the glittered frame.  Tie a triple bow from twine, and adhere to the top of the frame.  Accent the middle of the bow with a rhinestone button.  Stamp the sentiment to a cream cardstock strip, and cut the edge to look like a flag.  Adhere the strip around a gold topped pin, and adhere it to the front, slightly tucked in behind the skates. 

Here are images of the sketch and the Tuesday Trigger photo....which is amazing, by the way.  I was inspired by the colors and all the amazing texture on it! 
Thank you for taking a peek at my blog today!  There are going to be lots of fun posts this coming week, so be sure to check back! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

P.S.  To all my readers who might be scrapbookers as well...I recently found a new sketch blog that you might like!  It is a spin-off from the card sketch blog called Get Sketchy!  This one is called Get Your Sketch On, and they have a pretty big giveaway going on right now!  So be sure to check it out...and if this is the first place you found out about the blog...then put me down as the person who referred you in the comments!  Thanks friends!!

34 comments

  1. Lea, this is so sweet and adorable! tfs. Janna

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! because of you that stamp set is sitting in my cart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this card is so cute. I wish I asked Santa for a Cuttlebug now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Lea! I always enjoy visiting your blog! thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty!! I love the addition of the crochet trim behind. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant and gorgeous! I just love all the texture here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! Happy early Birthday! Seems to me like you are having a birthday month. ;) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely wintery card, I love all the little elements you added!

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zamechatnaja card!!! Very harmonious and positive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this Lea!!! Great take on both challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning design! Love the skate die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! You nailed the challenges spot-on! The textures are just wonderful! Happy early birthday! Champagne cupcakes sound like a nice way to celebrate. :)

    By the way, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment on my Mojo Monday card, it is greatly appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card! All the elements are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely inspired creation. It looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That totally reminds me of cozy winter... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Happy early birthday to you. I hope you enjoy all of our celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing card! I just love it. Happy Birthday as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is stunning! I love all the little details! Beautiful take on the inpiration! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the tone on tone polka dot backgound and the way you used the layout to put it together what amazing detail!

    ReplyDelete
  20. SUPER cute card, and you totally rocked both challenges! Love the way you 'tied' the skates.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Lea! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowza, this is SO fun! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an awesome card. Congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whoa...I love it. Congratulations on your win. This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your win, Lea! I love the layering of your card and all the fun embellishments - the lace, the button, the twine and all that glitter! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH Lea.. this is a stunning card. love the details and all the layers. Great way to combine bot challenges.. LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous Lea! What a great take on the Tues. Trigger and the sketch. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on your well deserved Moxie Fab win, Lea. Love all the textures you used, especially the lace trim. It gives the feel of a warm and cozy sweater that you'd wear skating. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great Card and Happy Birthday Month!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So beautiful! Love those embellishments. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lea, this just blew me away. I mean all the fun trims and bling.....makes for a perfect card! Gorgeous! Congrats on your win with Moxie Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  32. my absolute Favorite !!!! great card great colors the skates are perfect for winter holiday cards or b-day great idea thanks

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is totally cute and adorable!! LOVE those skates!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥