With Friends is the Best Way

January 17, 2011

Happy Monday everyone!!  I hope that this afternoon posts finds you having a wonderful beginning of the week.  Today I have a card to share with you for Stamper's Dream.  Michelle sent me these wonderful stamps, papers and lace trim to use.  I am also going to announce the winner of the free issue of Paper Craft's "Color Inspiration for Card Makers" from Friday's blog hop.  So, be sure to read the entire post!!

For my card today, I used the Mojo Monday Sketch #174 as my inspiration.  The sketch is completely fabulous, and worked perfectly for what I wanted to achieve with these papers & stamps!  Here is what I created:
  "With Friends is the Best Way" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (aqua, pink) & The Paper Company (cream)
Paper: Prima (Annalee 6x6 paper pad)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: aqua, citrine, razzberry) 
Embossing Powder: Stampendous! (clear)
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Trim: Prima (Cream Scalloped Lace)
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Button: SEI
Glitter: Ranger Stickles
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft 
Diecut Cartridge: Storybook (scalloped circle, circle) by Provo Craft 

Instructions:  Fold aqua cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a floral paper block, and adhere to the front.  Round the bottom corners of an aqua floral paper block, and adhere the sentiment strip to the middle.  Wrap lace trim around the seam, and then tie ribbon around the top of the trim.  Add a button to the middle of the bow using twine.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card.  Cut the scalloped circle at 2.5" and the circle at 2.25" using the Storybook cartridge.  Stamp and heat emboss the friendship definition to the circle, and then adhere to the pink scalloped circle.  Adhere the entire piece to card.  Stamp the flowers to patterned paper, cut out and then layer together.  Adhere to the card, and then accent with pearls and glitter Stickles. 

So, that is the card I have to share with you today!  Now, how about we move onto the winner from Friday's Color Inspiration blog hop!  The commenter was picked randomly...and without further ado, the winner is: 
Congratulations Tricia!  Please email your address information to jnllawson @ bresnan.net, and we will get the issue in the mail to you!  THANK YOU to everyone who left me a comment on Friday!  I was completely overwhelmed (in a good way) by the response, and I read every single response from you!  Many of you became new followers to my blog as well, and I hope that as you continue to pop over that you will be inspired.  

Well, I better get going for now.  I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your day! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L. 

11 comments

  1. Beautiful card!!
    Thank you for joining us at the "Love Layers of Color Blog Hop"! Good luck with your Grand Prize drawing entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Lea!!! Love what you did with those stamps and that gorgeous paper! The touch of Stickles and Prima lace added the perfect touch! Awesome work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy do I love this card Lea! All the sparkle and little details on this are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Lea! :) Love the gorgeous layers and all the sparkly bits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Lea!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is divine! You totally rocked that sketch; I don't think I'm even going to attempt an entry now! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Lea on winning Layers of Color Warbler cling art stamp! We're excited to see your new LOC creations!

    Enjoy your winning day! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥