JustRite Week at Stamper's Dream {Day 4}

January 13, 2011

Happy Thursday everyone!  I hope that you have been having a wonderful week so far!  Today is the last day of JustRite Week at Stamper's Dream!  It has been a fun week, with lots of wonderful JustRite samples being shared every day!  I hope that you have taken the chance to check out what the entire Dream Team has created this week.

I used the January Viva la Verve sketch #1 as inspiration for this card.  I am such a linear card maker, that the different sized blocks made me a little nervous...but I forced myself to do it and sketched it out beforehand.  And you know what?  I love how it turned out.  Here is what I came up with:
"For a Special Couple" supplies: 
Cardstock: The Paper Company (cream) 
Paper: GCD Studios (Ella Blue: Hallie, Tara, Annabelle, Grace) 
Stamps: JustRite (Wedding Nested Sentiments
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut) 
Ribbon: May Arts
Lace: vintage craft supply
Chipboard: Tattered Angels
Flower: Recollections
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Button: Papertrey Ink
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Glitter: DecoArt
Border Punch: Fiskars (Apron Lace)
Metal Die: JustRite by Spellbinders (Nested Sentiments custom dies)
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft 

Instructions:  Punch an apron lace border to a cream cardstock block, and then fold in half to make card base.  Trim a blue paper block to fit inside the card, ink & zig-zag stitch the edges, and then adhere to the front of the card.  Trim 4 paper blocks to fit inside the blue paper block, getting smaller with each block.  Ink & zig-zag stitch along the edges of each paper block, then adhere them inside the blue paper block.  Wrap lace around the middle of the card, then tie ribbon over top of that.  Tie a button around the bow using twine.  Glitter the chipboard butterfly, and adhere to the right side of the card.  Cut out the tag using the JustRite custom dies and a Cuttlebug machine.  Stamp the sentiment to the tag, and accent with pearls.  Adhere the sentiment tag to the butterfly, and accent with a brown paper flower.

Be sure to check out what the other Dream Team ladies have created for today!

Well, I better get going for now!  I hope that your Thursday is a wonderful one...my birthday is tomorrow!!  Eeek...I am going to be 31.  Yikes...time just seems to be flying in this life! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

15 comments

  1. Well Happy Birthday (a day early)!!! Love your card, Lea! And look at all that perfect sewing! I gotta tell you, I'm VERY impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! All that sewing is absolutely stunning! It really adds to the card, makes it so delicate looking. Love the Tattered Angel chipboard under the tag. Thank you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING, Lea! Good for you for making the sketch work! Love the color combo, the pretty lace and ribbon and that gorgeous glittery butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as always! And, Happy Birthday! It just hit me the other day that I will be 37 this year! Time sure flies but gets better with each passing year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! The colors are awesome! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing card!! I love all the details and colors.

    Hugs,
    Amy ♥
    http://www.scrappingmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Love the colors and all the stitching!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely *GORGEOUS*, Lea!! I love the soft vintage colours... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card Lea. Stitching adds so much. Love it.
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl!! How you worked this sketch!! I LOVE the papers you used and the sewing around the panels. Then there's your sparkly butterfly with the sentiment across it..fabulous!! What a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Lea I love this card! I love the colors and omg the stitching is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is simply gorgeous! I love all that stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥