Taylored Expressions January "Blast from the Past" Blog Hop

January 19, 2011

Happy Wednesday everyone!!  I hope you have been having a good week so far.  Today I am playing along with the Taylored Expressions "Blast from the Past" blog hop.  I can't wait to hop along myself and see what everyone else has created!  So, let's get right to it!

I used one of the Valentine stamp sets from last year by Taylored Expressions.  It doesn't see ink too often, and that is really a shame because it is such a CUTE stamp set.  I need to make myself break it out more often.  Keeping the blast from the past theme, I also used Valentine papers from last year's My Mind's Eye release.  I still love these papers...the colors are some of my favorites! Here is what I created:
"Bursting with Love" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (red) & The Paper Company (cream)
Paper: My Mind's Eye (Be Loved: Sweet Hearts, Beautiful Branches, Smitten Stripes, Dearest Dots)
Stamps: Taylored Expressions (Love Everywhere set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: cranberry, chestnut, mint) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Twine: Darice Inc. & Lawn Fawn Trimmings
Lace: vintage craft supply
Pearls: Kaiser Craft 
Jewel: Westrim Crafts
Buttons/Scallop Die/Cloud Die/Felt: Papertrey Ink
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
Circle Cutter: Creative Memories

Instructions:  Fold red cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Round the bottom corners of a heart paper block.  Cut a 4" circle from cream cardstock, ink the edges, and adhere to the front of the card, trimming the excess from the right side.  Adhere a strip of branch paper just below the sentiment, and then adhere a strip of dotted paper to the right side.  Cut a scalloped edge to a striped paper strip and adhere to the branch paper.  Add lace trim over that seam, then tie ribbon around the bottom of the branch paper.  Accent the middle of the bow with a button using twine.  Adhere the entire block to the front of the card, and accent the lower left corner with pearls.  Stamp the sentiment and hot air balloon to the cream circle, then accent with pearls and a heart jewel.  Cut two clouds from felt and adhere the first one to the front.  Accent the second felt cloud with buttons & twine, then adhere to the front, slightly overlapping the other cloud and the stamped balloon. 

We were given a lovely sketch from Sankari Wegman that we could use if we wanted.  I did chose to use it, because it was fabulous {as always}!  Here is the sketch: 


I hope you take some time to follow along the blog hop!  I can't wait to sit down with a cup of coffee and peruse all the lovely inspiration.  Have a wonderful day today! ♥♥♥

Until later,
~Lea L.

P.S.  If you are loving the blog hop, why don't you join in next month!  It will be lots of fun! 

Blast from the Past Blog Hop

26 comments

  1. This is super cute, Lea! You did such an amazing job with the sketch... every little detail is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Lea! I love that MME line too, The colors are just yummy!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card! I love your choice of papers and the button on the bow, just perfect!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful! Lovely composition of the main image with the sentiment and clouds. All of the details are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors of your card and the beautiful bow treatment. Great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Lea. That hot air balloon with the clouds is perfect. Pretty embellishments! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I love you rbright happy beautiful card! So many fun details ans such a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just such a happy card, Lea! Beautiful DP and details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these colors, Lea -- you rocked this sketch! Love how you combined these stamps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the buttons and extras on this. Great Card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is spectacular! Love it so much...and I always enjoying popping by your blog to see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is sooo pretty...you have used my favorite color combo and I love the sweet little balloon image!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, lovely Lea! I adore your card. The happy ribbon and the jeweled heart are just PERFECT. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! I love the clouds, fun buttons and cute polka dot bow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lea your card is bursting with crafty goodies. I ♥ it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So super Duper! Your card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I LOVE this color combo and that heart embellie is perfect on that balloon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh your card is so pretty!! The colors are so vibrant and your ribbon is a beautiful addition, love the strip of lace, what a gorgeous touch! Very cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lea, great details on this wonderful card. I've been a fan of your work for quite some time now and it's all stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This works so perfectly with the sketch!!! LOVE the mix of papers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, happy card, Lea! Congrats on winning the Layers of Color stamps from Jennie's blog! I can't wait to see what you create with them!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super fun layers of dsp.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is adorable! What a great scene using Love Everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥