More Exciting News!!

January 4, 2011

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I hope that your Monday was a great one....even considering it was kind-of a hangover Monday.  You know- coming down from all the excitement of the past few weeks.  I try to keep mine going, because in just a couple short weeks, it will be my birthday!!

I told you that I would have some more exciting news to share with you today, and I am keeping that promise.  Michelle Rogers has asked me to be on the Dream Team for Stampers Dream!  I was very excited when she asked, and there are a lot of stamps to use that are right up my alley! And I have to say...all my CPS girls are making fun of me a little, because I used to be a self proclaimed non-stamper.  It is all in good fun, and I think I deserve it a little.  Tee hee!  The stamping bug has definitely bitten me this past year, and I am loving it.  I think it helped that I have VASTLY improved as well.  You always like to do something even more when you are better at it.

I created a card to celebrate this fun announcement.  I got my first shipment of product for Stamper's Dream, and it is some lovely JustRite product.  Here is what I came up with!
"Friends are a Gift" supplies: 
Cardstock: The Paper Company (cream)
Paper: Glitz Design (Love Nest collection: Damask, Polka, Stripe) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Versamark & Pigment: chestnut) 
Embossing Powder: Stampendous (clear) 
Cardstock Sticker/Tulle: Glitz Design
Button: Papertrey Ink
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Glitter: Ranger Stickles
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Border Punch: Fiskars (Upper Crest)
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft 
Diecut Cartridge: Storybook (scalloped circle) by Provo Craft
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Fold cream cardstock in half to make card base.  Round the corners and sand the edges of a red polka dot paper block.  Punch borders to two striped paper strips, and sand the edges.  Adhere the punched paper strips to each side of the red paper block, and adhere to the front.  Sand the edges of a pink paper strip, and adhere to the middle. Stamp and heat emboss the flower, cut out the necessary parts and layer together.  Adhere the flower to the middle of a cardstock sticker, and then sand its edges.  Cut a scalloped circle at 3" using the Cricut Expression and Storybook cartridge. Layer them together, and adhere to the front.  Make a tulle bow, tie a button around the middle with twine, and adhere to the front. Stamp the sentiment to a strip of cardstock, and round the right corners.  Tuck the sentiment tag slightly under the tulle bow.  Accent the tag and the flower with pearls, and then accent the flower with Stickles.

How fun is that color combo?  It isn't one I would usually think of, but when I pulled out all my Love Nest papers...they just seemed to call out to each other, beckoning.  Hmmm...I think I might be letting you in a bit much on how my brain works while card making.  Tee hee! 

Josh and I have started a program, reading the Bible in chronological order in one year.  And chronological isn't the order of the way your Bible looks now...although it seems fairly close right now.  I think the New Testament is where it will get a little crazy.  But yesterday's reading included God's covenant with Noah, and the promise he made through the rainbow.  This beautiful part of scripture is the reason why I love rainbows so much, because I see such compassion from God and the feeling of hope.  It makes me feel warm inside.  I know that the Bible doesn't always make you feel warm and fuzzy...it isn't supposed to.  But, I definitely felt that today.  

Well, I better get going for now!  I hope that you have a fabulous Tuesday, and I will be back soon!  Have a great day! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

15 comments

  1. Eeeek! Your card is magnificent! LOVE the colors you chose, the beautiful flower, and the touch of tulle! Welcome to The Dream Team, Lea!!!! I couldn't be more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much exciting news this week!!! Congrats girlie! You, my friend, are for sure a rockstar stamper. It simply a matter of time before you let loose and the world was to know it ;) Super excited to see all the great things in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Lea! Congrats and welcome to the Dream Team! I am super excited to see the magic you'll work with all the stamps and goodies at Stamper's Dream - starting with this beauty today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super huge congrats to you Lea!! so happy for you!! you have definitely inspired this non-stamper to keep on stamping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! And the card is really nice that you made for this post. You do wonderful work with layering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are indeed! What a beautiful card and lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the Dream Team! so awesome. And, cute card!

    I love the idea of reading the Bible in chronological order. I know it can get out of order in parts of the OT and NT. Is there a list somewhere so you know exactly what to read next?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!!! Your card is also beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gorgeous JustRite card!!! And Congrats on your exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lea, your work is wonderful, and this bright, fun card is no exception! Congrats on your new position with Stampers Dream. Look forward to see all your neat new designs. Also, as Chrissy asked, could you post a listing you follow for your Bible study - that would be wonderful! Thanks!
    Kris, Wadsworth, OH
    www.visionsinmyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the Dream Team, Lea! I can't wait to see what you create! This card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your card is over the top gorgeous Lea, love that tule and those colors! beautiful staging!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, Lea! You absolutely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card, I love the flower and the added tulle and button, very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥