My H♥me is Wherever you Are

January 13, 2011

Two posts in one day?!  I know, right?  I have a special post to share with you tomorrow, but I wanted to share these couple of cards before the weekend.  Thus...two posts today.  So, let's just get right to it!

My first card uses Get Sketchy #69, and the colors from OTWC Challenge #40 {burgundy, tan & white}.  I was just waiting and waiting for my PTI order to come in for this sketch, and thankfully they came today!  So, I was able to participate! Here is my card:
"My Home is Wherever You Are" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: dune, merlot, frost white) 
Ribbon: Renaissance by Design
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success 
Embossing Folder: Love Language by Provo Craft
Diecut/Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft 

Instructions:  Fold burgundy cardstock in half to make card base.  Round the korners of a kraft cardstock block, and cut the frame opening.  Dry emboss the hearts to it using the Cuttlebug & Love Language embossing folder.  Lay the kraft block on the front of the card, and trace the frame opening lightly with pencil.  Remove the cardstock block, and stamp the frame image & sentiment inside the tracing.  Tie ribbon around the bottom of the kraft cardstock and then adhere the entire block to the front of the card using foam adhesive.  Diecut the house shape from white cardstock, and then stamp the house design inside it.  Cover in glitter and accent with three pearls.  Adhere the entire house accent to the front of the card, tucked in slightly behind the bow.  

Here is the sketch and color challenge inspiration photo for the challenges used above: 
And while I am trying to only have one card per post these days, I am going to put both in this post so I don't have three posts for the day.  Tee hee!  Up next is my card for CPS Sketch 200.
"Enjoy your Birthday" supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Paper/Stickers/Transparency: Glitz Design
Vellum: The Paper Company
Rub-ons: Glitz Design & Autumn Leaves
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Instructions:  Fold aqua cardstock in half to make your card base.  Trim the bingo card paper layer and adhere to the front.  Round the right corners of a vellum block and adhere to the left side of the card.  Adhere the decorative transparency to the front of the card, and add a sticker banner to the left side, overlapping it a bit.  Adhere the rub-on people to white cardstock and cut out.  Adhere them to the front of the card, and add a jeweled balloon sticker to the right side of them.  Finish the sentiment with rub-ons underneath the "enjoy" part of the decorative transparency.

Be sure to come back tomorrow, as I have a super fun post for you!  There will be a giveaway too! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

11 comments

  1. These are so you! love them Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wedding scrap page and the birthday card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea I LOVE your card for the OTWC challenge! Maybe I do need this PTI stamp set......I may have changed my mind after seeing this! Love Love that EF....I've been drooling over it the last couple of days. I just need to break down and buy it! Thanks for playing along with OTWC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful card as always Lea! Oh I too love this PTI set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have that fillable frame and I have never thought to use it that way - I'm gonna have to remember that one. The little house just called to me in this card - it is so cute. I love the glitter. Great job using this week's colors at OTWC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such fun cards!!! thankis for the fabulous inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Home is Where You Are card...wanna sell it? I am for real.
    Great job.

    Rose
    http://rose-homemadecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I love your cards ! they are so nice !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea, these cards are just so amazing!!! Your eye for detail is just unparalleled...:)

    Thanks for joining us at Get Sketchy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥