Bloom & Grow Forever...

March 22, 2011

Sigh...isn't that about the sweetest sentiment in the world?!  I can't believe I haven't ever used it before!  So, it makes me very happy that I broke out this cute little stamp set for my card to share today.

Today I have my card to share with you for CPS Sketch #210.  I will admit...I racked my brain for quite a bit on this sketch.  I loved it, but was having a hard time coming up with product I wanted to use for it.  Then I pulled out this butterfly die and the stamp set that matched it...and then pulled out this fabulous piece of Glitz paper, and it all came together wonderfully!!  Yay!!  It also fits the A Spoon Full of Sugar #144 (use ribbon, pearls & flowers).  Here it is:
"Bloom & Grow Forever..." supplies:
Cardstock:  Bazzill Basics (kraft) & Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: Glitz Design (Laced with Grace: Butterflies) 
Vellum: The Paper Company
Stamps/Butterfly Die: Papertrey Ink (Signature Series: Butterfly set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: topaz, moss green) 
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Flower: Prima
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Corner Rounder: EK Success & Marvy Uchida
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft 

Instructions:  Fold butterfly paper in half to make card base, and then zig-zag stitch a block of vellum to the front.  Diecut the butterfly from three blocks of kraft cardstock, then round the corners.  Adhere cream cardstock to the back of the middle block, and then adhere all three of them along the bottom of the card.  Stamp the butterfly to the middle block.  Round the top corners of a cream cardstock square, and adhere to the top of the right hand butterfly blocks.  Tie twine around the seam, and accent the top of the twine bow with a paper flower.  Stamp the sentiment to the cream block, and then accent with pearls to finish.

I really love how this card turned out...does that ever happen to you?  When you just really love something that you created...especially when you weren't sure if it was going to turn out how you had envisioned it?  I don't know...I just love that feeling.  

So- I got the CUTEST outfit the other day at Maurices.  It is killing me that it is summery, and I am going to have to wait for forever to wear it.  
  Eeeek...I just love it!  It is totally flattering on, and I think it will look totally cute with a pair of brown sandals, a pretty necklace...and maybe, just maybe, a citrus colored flower in my hair.  Sigh- I can't wait for summer!  It does make me look VERY white...so a little bit of gradual lotion tan might be a must until I get my very faint summer tan.  Tee hee!  

Well, that is all I have to share with you!  I hope that you have a super wonderful day today! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.  

2 comments

  1. I love this!! Especially the way you overlayed the imaged with the vellum! Girly you have become an inspiration to me in this paper crafting world! lol Beautiful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this clever design, Lea! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥