My Rainbow on a Cloudy Day

March 7, 2011

Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope that you had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was a good one!!  Kind-of quiet and laid back, which is so nice!

Today I have a card to share with you for Stamper's Dream.  It uses some new JustRite stamps that are available in the store, so head on over if you LOVE rainbow themed sentiments.  Which, I definitely do!  I also used the Viva la Verve! March 2011 Sketch #2 for it! 
"My Rainbow on a Cloudy Day" supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream, white) 
Paper/Lace Trim: Prima (Annalee 6x6 pad)
Stamps: JustRite Stampers (My Rainbow Borders & Centers set)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: Magenta) 
Ribbon: American Crafts
Butterfly Charms: Maya Road
Button: craft supply
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Corner Rounder: EK Success 
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug & Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge: Create A Critter (rainbow) by Provo Craft
Steel Dies: Spellbinders (Labels Twenty)

Instructions:  Fold cream cardstock in half to make card base, and round the upper right corner.  Cut green floral paper slightly smaller than the card, round the upper right corner, sand the edges and adhere.  Wrap lace trim and rose ribbon around the left side of the card.  Stamp the sentiment to white cardstock, then diecut and emboss the label shape around it.  Adhere to the bottom of the card.  Diecut the rainbow layers at 2.5" using the Cricut Expression & Create A Critter cartridge.  Sand the edges of each piece, layer together, and adhere to the front.  Tie a twine bow through a green button and adhere to the middle of the top rose ribbon.  Finish by accenting the card with three jewels charms. 

Well, I hope that you have a really wonderful rest of your Monday!!  I can't wait to hear what you think of my shabby chic rainbow card!!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

13 comments

  1. Lea, I love everything about this. The colors and the sentiment are my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love it. Such a happy sweet romantic card. love the heart over the rainbow and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card with my favourite things - rainbows and butterflies! Love visiting to see what you're creating :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' it Lea!!! Those butterflies are adorable and I adore rainbows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that is super cute! Love the heart rainbow! tfs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and happy mix Lea! Your trims are so lovely on here and the little clear butterflies add such a soft and pretty touch of sparkle! This would be such a treasure to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's a beauty rainbow in the air! Stunning with perfect colors with layering! You seems to have rainbow favourite ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your shabby rainbow card Lea. I especially love the butterfly charms. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so pretty Lea! Love the colors and the the little butterfly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Lea, your cards are beautiful - have really enjoyed checking out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That fabric flower and ribbon is wonderful.....great sentiment too!

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥