"Say Cheese/Say Cheese too" Lawn Fawn Sneak Peek!

March 13, 2011

Happy Sunday, all!!  Well, today starts the exciting March release of Lawn Fawn stamps!!  I just have to tell you...you are going to be blown away this month {not that you aren't every month}!!  The stamps are so much fun, and have so many possibilities!!

Today we are giving you the first peek into "Say Cheese" and "Say Cheese too"!  These stamps are SO fun and trendy and awesome...the list of adjectives could go on and on.  They are awesome for cards, and I think they would be completely awesome for scrapbooking as well!  I don't scrapbook as much any more, but have been thinking that I might start up again....just on a less demanding level than before.  And I would LOVE to use this set on a layout about my career choice...they just fit perfectly!  Anyways...without further ado, here is the card I came up with for today:
"You're A Star" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (colored) & Papertrey Ink (white) 
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Say Cheese, Say Cheese too sets) 
Ink: Tsukineko (Versafine: onyx black) 
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Glitter: DecoArt
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Colored Pencils: craft supply 

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Cut quarter inch strips of colored cardstock, and adhere to the middle of the card.  Add a matching jewel to the right side of each strip.  Stamp the camera to white cardstock and cut out.  Color in parts with colored pencils, and then glitter.  Adhere the camera to the middle of the card with foam adhesive.  Stamp the sentiment and shooting star to the lower right corner of the card.  Stamp the star to yellow cardstock twice, and cut out.  Cover the stars in glitter, and then adhere to the card to finish.

When I first got this set in the mail, it reminded me of the actual rainbow Polaroid camera that I REALLY wish I owned, but can't really afford to purchase. 
Well, I guess I should say it is more the FILM that I can't afford to purchase.  You can actually find the cameras used for a fairly good price...but then you always run into the possible functionality issues of buying a used camera...I digress.  I am probably not ever going to own one of these...but I like to look at pictures of them...they are so darn cute!! Tee hee! 

I really hope that you liked my first example using the Say Cheese sets!!  Don't forget to check out what the other Lawn Fawn girls have created as well...it is sure to be a treat!! 

And don't forget that the Lawn Fawn blog always has some amazing giveaways during release week!!  Here is where you can win so far...be sure to follow the posting comments!!  ♥♥♥
Say Cheese!! 

Until later,
~Lea L.  

10 comments

  1. This is so cute. Takes me back to 8th grade and my rainbow sweater and my rainbow headband... that was around 1983!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow! WOW! I LOVE your design for this card! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! I love how you use the ribbons and gems to draw the eye to the featured poloraid camera! You're a STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this card! Simply fabulous....Oh I can't wait to get these sets....Fabulous job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so AWESOME, Lea! :o) I love how those bright colours just *POP* -- and I love that the cardstock strips have different textures! The glittery touches you've added are so perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card!!! ...That polaroid camera is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lea, that is soooo cute and soooo clever! Love the rainbow twist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "You're A Star" this is one of my all time favorite stamps right now and I hope to win it but if not I will be saving to get it, and your card is the bomb and I can't wait to re-create it! I want to make it for some many people in my life!TFS

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥