I'm Here For You, Always

March 9, 2011

Happy Wednesday, everyone!!  I hope that this afternoon post finds you having a good day so far!!  I have been busy working on promotional material for some new product items that I want to offer my photography clients...so it has been a good day!! 

Today is also the day that I take part in the Reject Blog Hop for the recent Paper Crafts "Go To Sketches" call.  Tee hee!  That title makes me laugh a little, although that is exactly what the cards are that didn't get picked up.  Here is the thing...they had like 2700 something submissions for this call, so I didn't expect too much.  I did get one card picked up for the issue, and that definitely makes me very happy!! So, yay!!  But, this little card didn't make the cut for sketch #6.  It isn't the most exciting card in the world, so I can see why.  But, I still think it is pretty cute!! This card also fits the "Less is More" Week 5 challenge: to use pastel colors.  Here is the card!
"I'm Here For You, Always" supplies: 
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (kraft, light purple) & Papertrey Ink (white) 
Paper: Glitz Design (Hoopla: Pipework) 
Stamps/Scallop Die: Papertrey Ink (YOF: Gladiolus set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: turquoise) 
Chipboard: American Crafts (glitter thickers) 
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base.  Cut a scalloped border to aqua patterned paper, and adhere to the right side of a kraft cardstock block.  Adhere an 1/8-inch light purple cardstock strip over the seam, and adhere the entire block to the card front.  Stamp the sentiment to the kraft cardstock, and frame with glittered brackets.  Accent each bracket side with jewels to finish.

I do have a few more cards that I made for the call, but I think I will share them sporadically.  I might hold a few of them back for future submissions...so we shall see!  I better get going for now, so have a great evening!! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L. 

20 comments

  1. Lea, this card is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that look of brackets around lettering - such a bold, graphic effect. The bling on this works too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the brackets. Great color combination! Love the scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for joining us with this super card.It certainly fits the brief for this week's challenge!
    I hope that joining in with our blog will become a regular part of your week!
    See you next time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lea
    what a stunning card, Perfect CAS
    Great to see you
    Do come back again next week
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and fab color combo

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sentiment. Perfect fro a CAS card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card - really elegant and love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card. Love the sentiment.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So classic, calm and serene ... this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you, this is completely adorable! It was a tough call, I feel lucky too with my 1 acceptance. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lea, this is a beautiful clean and simple card. I love the sparkly brackets and the jewels! It's not a reject in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this...the soft blues with the kraft is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, I love the parenthesis and rhinestones. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute and perfect!!!! The rhinestones are such a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card and your blog!

    Feel free to check mine out @:
    www.howiputthingsoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, this is a beautiful card, Lea!! :o) I love the colour combo you used and those neat gems from Doodlebug!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so fabulous! Great colours and I love the gems.

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥