Easter Blessings

March 29, 2011

Hi there everyone!!  Yep- another post for the day!!  I have a card to share with you for Stamper's Dream, and it is a sweet Easter card.  Oh, and if you are looking for my WPlus9 posts, just scroll down a bit!  They are the next two posts! 

I used the Viva la Verve! March 2011 Sketch #3 for this card, which worked perfectly for this gorgeous fabric image.  Sigh- I can't wait for the pink trees to bloom in Missoula...they are utterly gorgeous.  Here is my card:
"Easter Blessings" supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream)
Paper: Glitz Design (Love Nest: Damask & Stripes, Hoopla: Frames)
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: turquoise) 
Fabric Image: Crafty Secrets
Flower: Prima 
Twine: Darice Inc. 
Brad: Creative Imaginations
Pinking Shears/Border Punch: Fiskars
Glitter: DecoArt
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft 
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Cover the front of a white card base with turquoise patterned paper, and then sand the edges.  Sand the edges of a pink damask paper block, stitch around the edges and adhere to the front.  Sand the edges of a turquoise paper block, cut the sides of the fabric image with pinking shears, and layer together.  Punch a border to yellow striped paper, sand the edges and adhere to the left of the image block.  Wrap twine around the left side, and then finish with a bow.  Adhere the entire block to the card front at an angle, and then top the twine bow with a pearl brad.  Glitter the flower and then adhere it to the bottom right of the card.   Stamp, diecut and emboss the sentiment tag, then adhere it with the right side tucked into the flower.


I also saw some fun news on the Moxie Fab blog today!  Cath selected my card from last week's Tuesday Trigger as a Trigger Target!!  Thanks Cath!
Thanks for checking out my second post of the day!  Have a great rest of it! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.

9 comments

  1. This card is so pretty. I love the Crafty Secrets image and eveything just comes together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! And yay! Congrats on the moxie fab feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card just TRANSPORTS me, Lea! WHAT a magical and completely dreamy creation! I am just enraptured by that scene and your lovely LAYERS of gorgeousness! THIS card just MAKES me happy I'm a crafter! Ohhhhhhh, the inspiration! Yipeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Gorgeous...love the soft, spring feel to it! Really like all the little detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every detail of this fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done, Lea! What a perfect Easter card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card! Love those layered borders and the perfect wisp of twine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is lovely, Lea...I adore that fabric image, so soft and serene...just like the theme of your card. The stitching is amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥