WPlus9 April Release Day 1: "A Special Lady"

March 28, 2011

Happy Monday, everyone!!  Well, as I said in my post yesterday...today is my first day "on the job" with WPlus9!!  This week we are showcasing projects using the new stamp releases for April, and today the stamp set we are sharing with you is called "A Special Lady".

Here is some info on "A Special Lady":
  • is a 6x8 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • contains 15 stamps; 2 large focal images and 13 sentiment builders
  • will be available for purchase April 1st for just $19
If you check out everyone's blog, you will find that the large focal images happen to be flowers...which seems fitting since this stamp set is all about the women in your life.  I always like creating projects with stamp sets that have flowers, because I can showcase how to use them without coloring.  If you frequent my blog at all...you know that I have labeled myself as the non-coloring stamper.  Occasionally I will color in something minimally with colored pencils, but that is about it.  I do paper piece a bit too, but I really love to showcase how to use stamps in their most simplest form.  And that is what I did with my card for today, and I just LOVE how it turned out.  The flowers have the perfect amount of detail to stand on their own.  Without further ado, here is my card:
  "Everything I am..." supplies: 
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Paper: GCD Studios (Soul Food: Lovely Garden) 
Stamps: WPlus9 (A Special Lady set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: frost white, magenta) 
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Border Punch: Fiskars (Upper Crest) 
Sandpaper

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base, cover with pink floral paper, and sand the edges.  Punch an upper crest border to each side of a kraft cardstock block, ink the edges and adhere to the front.  Zig zig stitch along the inside of each punched border.  Stamp the flowers and sentiment to a vellum square, and then adhere to the front of the card, slightly overlapping the stitching.  Add three pearls to the stamped sentiment to finish. 

I really love everything about this stamp set.  The fonts work together perfectly, and there are so many fabulous sentiment options that you can build.  And the floral images are just a perfect touch for such a feminine and elegant sentiment set.  Make sure you check out what the other WPlus9 designers have created as well, as I am sure it will be a great treat! 

April Guest Designer: Paulina Nakamura - www.prettypinkposh.blogspot.com

I hope that you have a fabulous day, and join me again tomorrow for another project using "A Special Lady" stamp set from WPlus9!  ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L. 

17 comments

  1. WOW, GIRL! This is stunning! What a GLORIOUS celebration of THIS fabby, multi-purpose stamp set! How I love your super sonic color scheme and drop dead gorgeous photography! Welcome, WELCOME to Wplus9! You are off to a spectacular start! {hee hee}

    Yee haw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a breath-taking card! I actually got a little teary reading the sentiment - its so touching! Stunning use of the flower image! Can't wait to see more of your Wplus9 creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! The sentiment is great. I think everyone should say that against their mother.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea---woweeeee- what a way to *splash* on to the wPlus9 DT! This card ROCKS girly! I just LOVE those vibrant colors and the way you topped it off with those gorgeous lil pearls! Welcome to the team...can't wait to see what else you've got up those crafty sleeves :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is simply GORGEOUS! Love the way the stamps look all by themselves. It's my favorite way to go! Beautiful edging and sanding and stitching details, too! Like I said in my post, we are truly so happy to have you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastically understated and bold color combo all at the same time! Love the way you combined the outer and inner sentiments using pearls for ellipses. Beautiful. Beautiful. So happy to have you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the white flowers, and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and STUNNING Lea, I <3 it!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a pretty card--love the white stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used the white for the images while pulling in such beautiful and bold colors in your background paper and then the pop of bright pink with "Mom" which draws your eye who the focus is to be on! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, this card is SOOOO beautiful, Lea! I am loving how you left the tulips uncolored and then stamped the "mom" in another color. So fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow....this card is all types of gorgeousness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats again, lea! love your card! that would be (not coloring) the flower looks beautiful and the tulips are my fave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your new DT spot. I love that you stamped on vellum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, possibly this post is not on topic but in any event, I have been browsing about your site and it looks really neat. It is easy to see I am creating a new blog and I am struggling to make it look great, and supply excellent subject matter. I have learned a lot here and I look forward to additional updates and will be returning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lea, Lea, Lea!!!!! Holy Moly, I am so excited that you have joined the team! I'm sure you know by now that I'm a huge fan of your talent. Your cards are full of happy and fun. Every single card you design inspires me. You are going to be a fantastic addition to the team! Dawn is a wise, wise woman to choose you!

    And as for this particular card? Amazing! I love the bright patterned paper popping out of the side. Brilliant layout!

    Amazing, as always.

    And, a warm, welcome. Can't wait to get to know you better, Lea!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥