WPlus9 April Release Day 3: "Filigreed Frames"

March 30, 2011

Happy Wednesday, everyone!!  I hope that you have had a wonderful week so far, and are looking forward to the weekend coming up.  Our weekend just seems to be filling to the brim with fun, and I think that is great!!  Something to look forward to.

Another thing I have been looking forward to is sharing this card with another new WPlus9 stamp set.  This set is called "Filigreed Frames", and it is amazing!!  I LOVE it, and know I will be using it frequently!  Here is a little bit of info on the set:
  • is a 4x6 clear photopolymer stamp set
  • contains 11 stamps; 2 frame images, 6 sentiment builders, 3 ornamental accent images
  • will be available for purchase April 1st for just $13
And here is some info on the label die:
  • is a 3.5" x 2.3" steel rule die
  • will be available for purchase April 1st for just $6
 For my card, I played with the current ColorQ Challenge #78 (pink pirouette, certainly celery, kraft, espresso & white) and I also used a special sketch from my card friend, Chupa.  She started offering a weekly sketch on her blog this month, and I have been hoarding waiting to use Sketch #1 for something very special.  And this card and stamp set were definitely special enough to use it.  Here is what I came up with:
"Congrats" supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (white, kraft) 
Paper: Teresa Collins Designs (Crush: Sweetheart Tags) 
Stamps/Die: WPlus9 (Filigreed Frames set, Labels Layer 1 Die
Ink: Tsukineko (VersaMagic: pixie pink) & Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut, dune) 
Trim: Webster's Pages (bloomers) & craft supply (crocheted cream) 
Ribbon: Reniassance by Design
Flowers: Recollections
Pins: Maya Road
Pearls: Kaiser Craft
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold white cardstock in half to make card base.  Diecut the frame from the bottom of a kraft cardstock block.  Adhere the kraft block temporarily to the card front, then stamp the frame and sentiment inside the diecut area.  Remove the kraft block, and adhere a block of pink dot paper to the top.  Wrap cream trim and brown rose ribbon around the middle, then adhere the entire block to the front using foam adhesive.  Tie a bow from pink dotted ribbon, and adhere to the middle of the brown rose ribbon.  Accent with two heart pins, and paper flowers.  Add pearls below the sentiment, and a brown paper flower to the lower right corner of the diecut frame to finish. 

So, isn't this new set just completely fabulous?!  The sentiments are awesome, and you are going to love all the versatility it offers you.  Now, I know that I can't wait to see what the other ladies on the design team have come up with....so be sure and check out what they created as well! 

Savitri Wilder - www.scrapbit.com
April Guest Designer: Paulina Nakamura - www.prettypinkposh.blogspot.com
Have a really wonderful day, and I will be back tomorrow with another card featuring "Filigreed Frames". ♥♥♥
Until later,
~Lea L.

Here is the Color Challenge photo and the sketch!

14 comments

  1. Oh! I'm swooning over all those gorgeous trimmings, Lea! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. This is LOVELY, Lea!!! You're so creative with the punch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love your cluster of embellishments and the fabrics. Truly fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little bow and ribbon design is so pretty and I so love the cut out window in that great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your treatment around the sentiment, the cut out and raised frame! I do it rarely if ever, yet it's one of my favourite techniques... go figure. The new set looks fabulous too, I'm getting really into WPlus9 stamps these days :) I'm glad you like my sketch :) {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card---a great take on the colors and sketch! Thanks for playing the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lea, I always admire and enjoy seeing your cards. they are such inspiration! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those big polka dots on the top half and the little flowers you added. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lea, I love all of the gorgoues layers! And that die cut opening with the sentiment and bling is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooohing and aaahing, I love that cool ribbon embellishment! :) Thanks for playing at CQC:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, I love the ribbon treatment with the floral centre! gorgeous card! thanks for playing at ColourQ :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥