PTI Make It Monday #5: Distressing Edges

March 8, 2011

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!  I hope that you had a great start of your week yesterday.  I got a bunch of emails sent out to prospective wedding clients, which had been hanging over my head for a couple of weeks.  It NEEDED to get done, and I finally just sat down at my computer for quite a few hours and got it done.  That is a good thing!!

I have a cute little clean and simple card to share with you today!  I took the week off from the Make It Monday challenge last week, as I didn't have any fun foam in the house and didn't really want to run out and buy it when I most likely won't use it again.  But, I am back in action this week with Make It Monday #5: Distressing Edges, and I love this easy and cost effective technique that Lisa Johnson shared with us for this challenge.  I haven't ever wanted to purchase one of those edge distressing things because I wasn't sure how much use I would actually get out of it.  {Hey- I'm frugal.  I'll shout it from the rooftops...I don't like to buy unnecessary things! Tee hee!}  But, I never though to just use the edge of scissors...which I have plenty of, trust me!  Tee hee!  I also used the current challenge at CR84FN18 (orange, yellow, kraft), and just added in a little bit of neutral white to make the dots & sentiment stand out a bit more.  Here is what I came up with!
   "Thanks a Million" supplies: 
Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (white) & Recollections (kraft) 
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Dot Spot & Signature Series: Butterfly sets) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: amber, frost white) & Tsukineko (Momento Dye: dandelion) 
Twine: Lawn Fawn Trimmings (Chipper bundle)
Jewels: Doodlebug Designs
Flower:Prima
Corner Rounder: EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cricut Expression by Provo Craft
Diecut Cartridge:  Plantin Schoolbook by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold kraft cardstock in half to make card base, and round the bottom corners.  Cut one circle at 2" and three circles at 1.5" from white cardstock using a Cricut Expression and Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.  Stamp the dot spots to each circle, and then distress the circle edges with a scissor blade edge.  Adhere the circles across the front of the card.  Tie twine around the card so that the bow lands in the center of the larger circle, and then embellish it with a paper flower.  Add yellow jewels to the middles of the other stamped circles, and then stamp the sentiment to the lower corner to finish.   

I really like how this card turned out!!  I think "detailed" clean and simple tends to be one of my favorite styles.  On another note...has anyone else noticed that kraft is really hard to photograph?  And this is coming from a professional photographer...the camera sensor just doesn't seem to know how to capture the proper coloring of kraft.  I end up having to do a lot of editing, and it still doesn't ever come out just right.  I find that interesting...hmmm. 

Anways...I better get going for now!  I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your day! ♥♥♥ 

Until later,
~Lea L.  

CR84FN18 Graphic: 

29 comments

  1. Hi Lea..well I am very frugal to...but someone kindly donated a spare Edge distresser to me!!!gues what it ends up in my craft drawer..(never used)
    and I use the edge of my Fiskaars scissors!!!lol...
    Anyways I love your beautiful card!!!Your photo`s are fine...
    I have my new camera ..I thought it was just me not being able to pick the corrrect color up of the craft card...right enough from me..
    Havbe a lovely week:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the CAS look of this card, love the added flower and bling. Thanks for playing along at CR84FN.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card! Brilliant. Just yesterday, I die cut a bunch of circles with scrap paper. Your card is just the inspiration I need to ink them up and distress the edges. Thanks, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY, simple but STUNNING, I LOVE this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is SO cute! I love the circles. It's such a sweet and simple card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this CAS card. Great use of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute Lea. I love that Dot spot set and have only used it once. How horrible is that? :)
    Thanks for playing at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card, Lea! Love your gems and sweet rose.. So glad you joined us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So darling Lea! Love the CAS design!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning card! I love the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty colors! I love the simplicity! GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lea, I just LOVE your card! The different distressed circles are FAB! Believe it or not I own three distressing tools and LOVE to distress! LOL! Your bling and rose and twine are super details, too! THX for playing with us at
    CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty CAS card Lea! Love all the polka dots! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's simple, but so stunning. I love every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet and easy -- I love it! All your designs are fabulous, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lea! I LOVE this card! How clever!!! Such a fabulous CAS design! I love the Dot Spot stamp set and you've just opened a whole lotta new doors for me and that set!!! Thanks girl! Really wonderful take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bravo. Beautiful card. congrats.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card, Lea! Clean & classic. Simply beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! I love this. So simple, but it says so much. Love the color choice too! GJ!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is sooooo stunningly simple and beautiful! It's one of those cards that makes me look, over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This really stuck out to me in the list of participants thumbnails! Just a stunningly CAS card! I love it!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lea this is so pretty! I love how you used dot spot! Those little recollections buds are my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. one word- WOW! I think all your stuff is gorgeous! I love how some are so clean and simple while others are shabby chic. Great Stuff!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog too and leaving a nice comment, it was much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a super clean and simple design, with just the right amount of bling!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a pretty card Lea. Love the circle elements and the pretty flower. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥