"Critters in the Forest" Lawn Fawn Sneak Peek!

March 14, 2011

Happy Monday everyone!!  I hope that you had a wonderful Sunday!  Mine was fabulous!  I had an engagement session with one of the cutest couples in the world, and it was an awesome time!  I can already tell that I am going to have such a hard time whittling down their gallery to just the very best shots.  They are so photogenic and in love...I love that!

So, today continues the sneak peeks of the Lawn Fawn march releases!!  This time around we are sharing projects using the new stamp set called "Critters in the Forest".  I don't think this set could BE any cuter if it tried.  And since I am a non-coloring stamper....it just screamed "paper piece me please!!!!". So, I did. :) Here is what I came up with:
"Hello Foxy" supplies: 
Cardstock/Cloud Dies/Felt: Papertrey Ink (vintage cream) 
Paper: October Afternoon (Weathervane: cozy home & picking pumpkins, Farm Fresh: hay barn, Cherry Hill: new apron, and County Fair: prize pig) 
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Critters in the Forest set) 
Ink: Clearsnap (Pigment: chestnut, Chalk: azurite, lime pastel) 
Jewels: Kaiser Craft 
Corner Rounder: :EK Success
Diecut Machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft

Instructions:  Fold cream cardstock in half to make card base.  Cut cloud paper slightly smaller than the card front, round the corners and ink the edges.  Freehand cut a strip of green patterned paper to make the ground, round the bottom corners, and ink the edges.  Adhere the green paper to the bottom of the cloud block, and adhere to the card front.  Stamp the tree to kraft cardstock and green patterned papers.  Cut out the necessary layers, adhere them together, and add to the right side of the card.  Stamp the log to kraft cardstock and the leaves to green paper.  Cut out, layer together, and adhere to the right side of the card.  Stamp the fox directly to the card front, and then to orange dot paper and cream cardstock.  Cut out, layer together, and adhere to the top of the already stamped image on the card.  Cut the clouds from cream felt using the Cuttlebug.  Adhere both to the top of the card, popping the smaller one with foam adhesive.  Stamp the sentiment directly to the card front by the fox, and then accent with green jewels to finish. 

Sigh...I just love this whimsical little scene...it is so darling!!  I know that I can't wait to see what the other Lawn Fawn girls came up with...and here is a list so you can check them out too! 

And don't forget that the Lawn Fawn blog always has some amazing giveaways during release week!!  Here is where you can win so far...be sure to follow the posting comments!!  ♥♥♥
Critters in the Forest!!

Until later,
~Lea L

9 comments

  1. it's a cute card!!! love every detail that you put

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, this is soooo sweet!!! I just love everything - all that paper pieced goodness :-) I can't wait to get this stamp set now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really nice card and what a creative way of doing it. Good for those who don't have copics or colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Great job paper piecing, and I love the added bling on the tree and log. Great JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the little scene and the felt clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Lea, I *love* your happy card! :o) Love all of the patterns you used, and the little leaves with the gem? TOO adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Comments warm my heart. Thank you! ♥